Environmental and Social Compliance Manager (Consultant for 1 year on full time basis with a possibility of prolongation).
Leading E&S workstreams of Solar PV Projects in Bangladesh in compliance with IFC Performance Standards, other lender requirements, local law and regulations and company policies.
For all projects in Bangladesh:
- Manage the processes of obtaining required environmental licenses and permits as per Bangladesh law
- Oversee the processes of development of Environmental and Social baseline or other requested studies, liaise with consultants and contribute as needed to ensure the deliverables meet compliance requirements
- Ensure Lender’s Environmental and Social conditions and deliverables (ESAP) defined in the loan agreement are followed and timely delivered
- Develop project specific Environmental and Social management plans and ESMS
- Oversee compliance in execution of the project’s Environmental and Social Plans with national legislation, international standards, and Scatec Solar policies by regularly monitoring site activities. Liaise with site teams of SSO and subcontractors’ and support them as needed.
- Represent Scatec Solar at various stakeholder platforms, take part in public consultations
- Lead the processes of recruitment and onboarding of Community Liaison Officers
- Provide relevant environmental and social information for internal reports
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual E&S Monitoring Reports per lenders requirements and/or local/national authorities
1. Formal educational background
- University degree within environmental sciences, social sciences or economics.
2. Work experience
- Minimum five-year industry or consultancy experience in environmental and social management of infrastructure and renewable energy projects in accordance with Equator Principles and IFC Performance Standards (development and review of ESIAs, ESAP, ESMPs, ESMS, monitoring and reporting on E&S performance etc.)
- Experience in liaising with DFIs
- Experience in stakeholder engagement and management at different levels
- Knowledge of local law and regulations pertaining to development and operation of renewable energy projects
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
- Organized and methodical
- Driven, always looking for ways to improve and having high aspirations for own work
- Excellent management, communication and team working skills
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- High social and intercultural competence
- Capable of analyzing problems
- Ability to plan, organize, direct, coordinate, execute, control and evaluate projects
- Decision making
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to integrate groups
- Ethics and moral integrity